sfmunistories@gmail.com- We ride it, so we should be able to talk shit on it.

Do you have a MUNI Story that you would like to share anonymously? E-mail it to sfmunistories@gmail.com and please be sure to include the following information: line, direction, and the approximate time (7 years ago in April, 1/9/1999) during which the story took place. Let's together document MUNI- the good, the bad, the amazing, the heart warming, the heart breaking, and everything else in between.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

that kid spat in his face!


About 2 years ago, I was waiting for the 38 inbound at Geary and 6th Ave (but I'm not exactly sure what stop it was). Since the 38L comes so frequently, I would always take the L instead, because it makes a pretty big difference unless the driver happens to be extra shitty, in which case it would arrive at the desination around the same time as the regular line. As the normal 38 pulled up to the stop, I saw 2 teenagers begin to exit the bus, a white boy and a white girl. The boy looked kind of like a skater type, with hair down to this chin. As they exited the bus, the boy ran up to the bus driver, spat in his face, then he and the girl bolted down the block and got away, while the bus driver tried to pursue them, but was too old or too overweight to run. Instead, he got on the phone, and started gabbing up a storm. I would have felt bad if the situation hadn't been so hilarious. That's when the 38L arrived, then I got on the bus and went down town.
 
I probably should have first given a description of the driver- he was an older, larger man. I want to say he was middle eastern because he kind of looked it, but I don't think he was, he really could have been anything. He had a beard that was mostly white, and wore glasses. Coincidentally, I've seen him multiple times after I saw him get spat on.

No comments: