sfmunistories@gmail.com- We ride it, so we should be able to talk shit on it.

Do you have a MUNI Story that you would like to share anonymously? E-mail it to sfmunistories@gmail.com and please be sure to include the following information: line, direction, and the approximate time (7 years ago in April, 1/9/1999) during which the story took place. Let's together document MUNI- the good, the bad, the amazing, the heart warming, the heart breaking, and everything else in between.

Monday, June 30, 2008

intense breakdown on the N

About 3 or 4 years ago I was on the N outbound, and I'm pretty sure I got on around the dolores area. The bus ride was ok for a while, until after a few minutes an asian woman, a recent addition to america's diverse cultural landscape, began to go totally crazy.

She started screaming non-stop, and even spent some time rolling on the floor in the back of the N, which was already crowded for the day complete with many people standing around her. She was screaming, "I spill my bluh! I spill my bluh! I want govamen job!" She was also speaking in tounges and making all sorts of wails, overall it was super depressing and hard to watch, words don't really do the situation justice.

Overall, it was the most intense breakdown I've ever seen irl, and it made me feel weird because it was so upsetting. She looked normal enough in spite of being kind of fobby, almost cute with a long ponytail, that in some ways overshadowed her coke bottle glasses. She was also getting in people's faces, she was begging for help. After a while people started telling her to shut up, which was funny even though she was like, clearly going thru something serious.

Eventually, the bus driver came off, and I can't remember if he threw her off the bus, or just told her to shut the fuck up. She was so annoying that I was hoping someone would start beating her, because trust, at that moment that ho really did need to be slapped. I wish I could relive it again just for a minute, because it was so intense! I'd never heard more realistic bloodcurdling screams. It's strange to think that most people who work for the government were on par with her.

No comments: